Executive Committee Membership
Click here to access the Committee Zone
Terry Hughes, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University
David Yellowlees, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University
Jennifer Lappin, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University
Eliza Glasson, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University
Executive Committee Terms of Reference
The name of the Committee shall be the ICRS 2012 Executive Committee.
To oversee the organisation of the 12th International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS) taking place in Australia in 2012.
- Representation shall be Professor Terry Hughes, Professor David Yellowlees
- Jenny Lappin and Eliza Glasson.
- A quorum of three members must be present before a meeting can proceed.
- Internal or external persons may be invited to attend the meetings at the request of the Chairperson on behalf of the Committee to provide advice and assistance where necessary.
- Decisions will be made by consensus.
The Chairperson shall be Terry Hughes and his responsibilities include:
- Inviting specialists to attend meetings when required by the Committee;
- Guiding the meeting according to the Agenda and time available; and
- Ensure all discussion items end with a decision, action or definite outcome.
5. COMMITTEE SECRETARY
The Committee Secretary will be Eliza Glasson and she will:
- Prepare agendas and issue notices for meetings, ensuring all necessary documents requiring discussion or comment are attached to the Agenda;
- Distribute the Agenda before the meeting;
- Take notes of proceedings and prepare Minutes of the meetings;
- Distribute the Minutes to all Committee members, once they have been signed off by the Chairperson, after the meeting;
- Schedule meetings and notify Committee members; and
- Help ensure all discussion items end with a decision, action or definite outcome.
6. DURATION OF MEETINGS
Meetings times will need to be flexible due to the busy schedules for Committee Members however Committee Chairs should set a calendar of five meetings in advance.
The functions of the Executive Committee are to:
- Liaise with the Professional Conference Organiser;
- Provide advice to the Chairperson;
- Discuss and make decisions regarding the organisation of the ICRS 2012;
- Facilitate action by the sub-Committees;
- Provide advice and assistance to the Sub-Committees if requested, to enable performance of their functions;
- Monitor the finances of ICRS 2012; and
- Formulate policies, practices and procedures to ensure the smooth organisation of ICRS 2012.
The Terms of Reference can be reviewed periodically by us.
Committee Members unable to meet the workload and time commitment required may be replaced by the Committee Chair.