The sanctioning organisation of ICRS 2012 is the International Society of Reef Studies.
If you would like to become a member of the International Society for Reef Studies, click here.
International Society of Reef Studies (ISRS)
- Founded in 1980, ISRS is the largest society of reef scientists in the world, with over 800 members.
- The principal objective of ISRS is to promote the production and dissemination of scientific knowledge and understanding of coral reefs, both living and fossil, for public benefit.
- The ISRS publishes Briefing Papers and Statements about the state of coral reefs for the benefit of the wider community.
- ISRS produces and distributes the quarterly scientific journal Coral Reefs containing peer-reviewed scholarly works on the geology, biology, ecology, and environmental issues regarding the world's coral reefs.
- ISRS holds annual meetings, sponsors biannual conferences, prints and distributes the newsletter Reef Encounter, and supports students through fellowships.