Registration is now open
Register now to be a part of the largest and most important conference relevant to the
science, management and conservation of the world's coral reefs.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies and James Cook University are proud to
have been invited by the International Society for Reef Studies to host ICRS 2012.
Make the most of the early bird saving and register by 1 March 2012.
- share knowledge and exchange ideas about the latest coral reef science,
management and conservation;
- meet with old and new colleagues from countries around the world, many who have not previously participated at an ICRS; and
- relax at memorable social events with a distinctive Australian flavour.
Complete your registration either:
Did you receive a printed copy of the ICRS 2012 Registration and Call for Abstracts brochure
with paper copy of the registration form enclosed? If not, this document is available online. To receive a copy by mail, e-mail your request to the Symposium
Field Trips can now be booked
- Online or
- Print, complete and return a hard copy of the registration form by fax or mail to:
ICRS 2012 Secretariat
PO Box 3599
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Fax: +61 (0) 7 3255 1004
Field trip bookings are now being taken. Complete your booking either:
Field trips previously announced are to the unique and beautiful:
We are pleased to announce the last of the field trips currently programmed, and an update
to the programs of two of the Lizard Island field trips.
- Online or by
- Faxing or e-mailing a paper copy registration form to the Symposium Secretariat.
Lizard Island Research Station is offering four field trips of which two have been revised to
be coral identification workshops. Please see further details on the website.
Grant applications now available
The ICRS 2012 Organising Committee is pleased to announce grant opportunities to attend ICRS 2012. Select this link to see the current grant opportunities, eligibility information and application form.
Call for abstracts is open
The Organising Committee invites you to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation
at ICRS 2012.
Photographic competition is now open
- The call for abstracts closes Saturday 1 October 2011.
- Abstracts can only be submitted online - submissions by post, email or fax cannot be accepted.
Olympus is proud to sponsor the ICRS 2012 Photographic Competition which is now open.
Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each of the six categories.
- Entry is free and open to all registered delegates of ICRS 2012.
- Judges will include professional photographers and marine scientists.
- Images must be 5 megapixels and saved as .jpg files.
- The competition closes 30 March 2012.
For your chance to win underwater photographic equipment from Olympus valued at nearly
$1,000, visit the website.
||The Queensland Government sponsorship is funded by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet; Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation; Department of Education and Training; Department of Environment and Resource Management, and Department of Transport and Main Roads.