Scientific Program Sub-Committee Membership
Andrew Baird, James Cook University, Australia
Natalie Ban, James Cook University, Australia
Joshua Cinner, James Cook University, Australia
Terry Done, Australian Institute of Marine Science, Australia
Ruth Gates, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, United States
Edgardo D. Gomez, Philippines
Alison Green, The Nature Conservancy, Australia
Jamaluddin Jompa, Hasanuddin University, Indonesia
Sakai Kazuhiko, University of the Ryukyus, Japan
Laurence McCook, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, Australia
Peter J. Mumby, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
Nyawira Muthiga, Wildlife Conservation Society, Kenya
Magnus Nyström, Stockholm University, Sweden
Serge Planes, University of Perpignan, France and Centre de Recherche Insulaire et Observatoire de l'Environnement, French Polynesia
Emma Bowyer, ICMS Australasia
Eliza Glasson, James Cook University
Scientific Program Sub-Committee Terms of Reference
This Sub-Committee reports to the ICRS 2012 Executive Committee.
The name of the Sub-Committee shall be the ICRS 2012 Scientific Program Sub-Committee.
To advise the ICRS 2012 Executive Committee by:
- Proposing a structure for the ICRS 2012 scientific program;
- Identifying a theme for ICRS 2012;
- Selecting mini-symposia for the oral and poster presentations; and
- Proposing a shortlist of potential plenary speakers.
- Decisions will be made by consensus.
- ICRS 2012 Executive Committee members have the right to attend this Sub-Committee.
- The Committee Chair may replace members of the Sub-Committee who are unable to meet the workload and time commitment required.
- Members on this Sub-Committee are automatically included on the membership of the Local Organising Committee.
- Non-members may be invited to attend the meetings by the Chairperson on behalf of the Sub-Committee, to provide advice and assistance where necessary.
Their responsibilities are to:
- Schedule meetings
- Invite appropriate persons to attend meetings when required by the Sub-Committee;
- Guide meetings according to the agenda and time available; and
- Ensure all discussion items end with a decision, action or definite outcome.
5. COMMITTEE SECRETARY
The Committee Secretary will be Eliza Glasson, the ARC Centre of Excellence ICRS 2012 Conference Co-ordinator. She will:
- Assist the Chairperson;
- Prepare agendas and issue notices for meetings, ensuring all necessary documents requiring discussion or comment are attached to the agenda;
- Distribute the agenda before the meeting;
- Take notes of proceedings and prepare action points of the meetings;
- Distribute the action points to all Sub-Committee members; and
- Help ensure all discussion items end with a decision, action or definite outcome.
6. DURATION OF MEETINGS
- It is anticipated we will meet once in 2009, five times in 2010 and 3 times in 2011, subject to unforseen circumstances.
- This Sub-Committee will be virtual.