Fundraising Sub-Committee Membership
David Yellowlees, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University, Australia
Ian Poiner, Australian Institute of Marine Science, Australia
Kathy Rankin, Australian Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation, Australia
John Tanzer, Australia
Lorna Hempstead, James Cook University, Australia
Suellen Holland, ICMS Australasia, Australia
Fallon Smith, ICMS Australasia, Australia
Eliza Glasson, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University, Australia
Maurice Knight, World Wildlife Fund, Inc., United States of America
John Ogden, Florida Institute of Oceanography, United States of America
Dick Dodge, Dean at the Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Centre in Florida
Maurice Knight, Chief of Party, U.S. Coral Triangle Support Partnership (CTSP), Jakarta
John Ogden, Professor at the Florida Institute of Oceanography, Florida.
Fundraising Sub-Committee Terms of Reference
This Sub-Committee reports to the ICRS 2012 Executive Committee.
The name of the Sub-Committee shall be the ICRS 2012 Fundraising Sub-Committee.
To assist the ICRS 2012 Symposium Committee (ICRS 2012 Executive Committee and members of ICMS Australasia Pty Ltd) in identifying opportunities for sponsorship for the 12th International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS) taking place in Cairns, Australia, 9 - 13 July 2012.
- Non-members may be invited to attend the meetings by the Chairperson on behalf of the Sub-Committee, to provide advice and assistance where necessary.
- Decisions will be made by consensus.
- ICRS 2012 Executive Committee members have the right to attend this Sub-Committee.
The Chairperson shall be Professor David Yellowlees, who because his membership on the ICRS 2012 Executive Committee will assist in communication consistency between the two groups. His responsibilities are:
- Scheduling meetings;
- Inviting appropriate persons to attend meetings when required by the Sub-Committee;
- Guiding meetings according to the agenda and time available; and
- Ensuring all discussion items end with a decision, action or definite outcome.
5. COMMITTEE SECRETARY
The Committee Secretary will be Eliza Glasson, the ARC Centre of Excellence ICRS 2012 Conference Co-ordinator. She will:
- Prepare agendas and issue notices for meetings, ensuring all necessary documents requiring discussion or comment are attached to the agenda;
- Distribute the agenda before the meeting;
- Take notes of proceedings and prepare action points of the meetings;
- Distribute the action points to all Sub-Committee members;
- Help ensure all discussion items end with a decision, action or definite outcome; and
- Provide information about potential sponsors to the Professional Conference Organiser and indicate how they are to be approached. This will ensure that only one approach is made to a potential sponsor.
6. DURATION OF MEETINGS
- Meetings times will need to be flexible due to the busy schedules for members.
- This Sub-Committee will be virtual.